We are excited to see you at our largest Striper Kickoff Event ever! This is a fun day to celebrate the start of the striper season. We've put together an overview of the event and what you can expect.
Who is Attending:
- GooGoo Man
- Surf Asylum
- 401 Plugs
- Voorhies (Plugs will be present, not Chris himself)
- NorCalKat (Plugs will be present, not Orlando himself)
- Guppy Lures
- Z Shore Customs
- GRS (Big Water Pikies)
- Styker's Custom Flies and Lures
- High Hook Lures
- 247 Lures
- Zinger Baits
- Z Belts
- Aquidneck Island Rod Builders
- Mud Dog Flies
- Catch and Release Artistry
- Skelfish Metals
- Company Reps
- Van Staal
- Shimano/G. Loomis
- St. Croix
- Costa del Mar
Event Rules & Guidelines
- Anyone feeling under the weather should remain home
- In order to have this as a recurring event, the picture below illustrates the best options for parking. We cannot affect the business of other stores in the plaza, and highly encourage people to follow it so we can have this happen for years to come
- Tent doorswill be open at 9am for the show
- A numbered list will be available outside in front of the SWE retail entrance at 5am to 9am. This will be provided to allow attendees to grab coffee, be in the car, etc. instead of being camped outside for hours
- The numbered list is intended for each individual person to sign in themselves,notone person to sign themselves in and then friends, family, etc. who are not currently present at the time.
- Please take record of your number in line for the 9am start time so we can get people in as efficiently as possible.
- Attendees in the signed in list will be first ones allowed in. Those not in line or in the immediate area by the tent at the 9am opening will forfeit their spot.
- Once attendees on the sign in list are finished, it will proceed as first come first serve in a normal line
- Anyone attempting to cut into the line or sneak in prior to their time in the tent will be sent to the back or not allowed into the show entirely
- Builders will place their own limits on the amount of plugs that can be purchased by one individual
- The event is planned to last from 9am-3pm, however the plug show itself may end sooner due to builders and vendors selling out. In store specials will continue until 3pm.
- Vast majority if not all builders/vendors will be cash only
- SWE staff will be selling NorCal and Voorhies Plugs for this year as neither builder was able to attend in person this year due to conflicts
- GRS (Big Water Pikies) is asking those who attend his booth to please wear a mask as he has health concerns. Masks will be at his table for those who wish to attend his booth.
SWE Striper Kickoff In Store Deals
- There will be numerous raffle opportunities held for various items, plugs, reels, rods, and more for those who come into the retail store. Some will be free and some will be silent auctions to benefit_________
- We have brought in several factory reps from our favorite companies that we sell here at SWE, (St. Croix, Shimano/G.Loomis/Costa, Penn/Fenwick, and Van Staal) who can assist with any product purchases. In support of those attending:
- Any reel from the above vendors will be spooled for free (up to 300yds) with the stock on hand of PowerPro, PowerPro Super Slick V2, Cortland Masterbraid, Sufix 832, Berkley X9, or Spiderwire Durabraid
- Bring in a reel and pair it with a Shimano, G. Loomis, Fenwick, or St. Croix Rod, and be respooled for free (up to 300yds) of PowerPro, PowerPro Super Slick V2, Cortland Masterbraid, Sufix 832, YoZuri Super Braid, Berkley X9, or Spiderwire Durabraid.
- Buy Two Yozuri Products(Excluding Squid Jigs) get free Chicken Scratch LC Minnow - While Supplies Last
- Buy Three get One Free of Rapala X-Rap Twitchin Minnow
- Buy Three get One Freeof Berkley Gulp Mullet, Grub, Sandworm, Nemesis Products (of equal or lesser value)
- Free Costa del Mar hat with Costa Sunglass Purchase
- And more instore...
April 15, 2022
The event was awesome last year. It looks like this year ’s might bring it to a new and better level. Thanks for organizing this.