ODM Genesis Surf Rods (2021 Models)
The 2021 ODM Genesis Surf Rods adds several performance upgrades to the Genesis, giving it a lighter, more sensitive, and more powerful rod over the previous iteration. The Genesis brings a great option for the surfcaster who wants a more moderate and parabolic rod in their arsenal and provides for an ultrasmooth load up for every cast.
The 2021 Genesis lineup from ODM was developed from the ground up for the surfcaster who wants to be at the cutting edge of rod technology. ODM's proprietary Carbon Fiber Version 2 blank technology gives the rod its strength, lightness, and performance while casting. A 1K weaved rod butt section provides for added strength & durability where it often counts most for a surf rod. Fuji tangle-free K guides, a custom ODM deluxe reel seat and a Fuji BRC butt cap finish the rods off, completing it perfectly for the angler.
All New and Improved:
- Ultra Sensitivity – advanced engineered carbon nano combination (CNF2 Technology)
- Strength – Multi-Modulus/Multi-layered nanotechnology to provide Parabolic fighting advantage
- Power – Power-driven fighting prowess inspired by Genesis’ origins
- Effortless, Smooth – casting the intended range in the Surfcasters arsenal with the ease the Genesis has pioneered
- Lighter, stronger, thinner(thick wall) and greater sensitivity - power to handle big game fish.
- Smoother and Faster recovery with moderate action. Cuts the wind effortlessly.
- Excels in many different types of lures/jigs: bucktails, darters, metals, pencil poppers, swimmers, etc
2-Piece Construction with a 50/50 split is designed to flex and behave like a 1 piece rod.
NXGX-82: The smallest of the Genesis series at a length of 8'0". It's the perfect rod for back bay situations, open beaches, and albie fishing.
NXGX-93: Perfect for the open beach, tossing light bucktails, SP minnows, bucktails, and more. Generally one of the more popular models for us, due to its versatility.
NXGX-104: A good all-around beach and jetty rod for your plugging needs. From small bucktails to mid-sized pencils it covers the majority of your beach fishing situations.
NXGX-114: At an 11’0” length, it punches out lures well when you need the distance to reach busting fish. A good all-around open beach and jetty rod when small offerings need to be delivered far away.
NXGX-116: Coming out at an 11’0” length, this rod provides for some extra power and backbone. It is definitely suitable for your plugging needs for the canal and your other heavy bait situations on the beachfront. Also popular among those targeting roosters down south.