We are excited to see you at our largest Striper Kickoff Event ever! This is a fun day to celebrate the start of the striper season. We've put together an overview of the event and what you can expect.
Who is Attending:
- GooGoo Man
- Surf Asylum
- 401 Plugs
- NorCalKat (Plugs will be present, not Orlando himself)
- Guppy Lures
- GRS (Big Water Pikies)
- Styker's Custom Flies and Lures
- 247 Lures
- Paul Moriarty
- Solstice Lures
- Fatty Lures
- RB Plug Works
- Zinger Baits
- Z belt
- Hogy Lures
- Inception Tackle
- Company Reps
- Van Staal
- Bull Bay
- Shimano/G. Loomis
- St. Croix
- Costa del Mar
Event Rules & Guidelines
- Anyone feeling under the weather should remain home
- In order to have this as a recurring event, the picture below illustrates the best options for parking. We cannot affect the business of other stores in the plaza, and highly encourage people to follow it so we can have this happen for years to come
- Tent/doorswill be open at 9am for the show
- A numbered list will be available outside in front of the SWE retail entrance at 5am to 9am. This will be provided to allow attendees to grab coffee, be in the car, etc. instead of being camped outside for hours
- The numbered list is intended for each individual person to sign in themselves, !you cannot sign anyone else in other than yourself! -family, friends etc- who are not currently present at the time.
- Please take record of your number in line for the 9am start time so we can get people in as efficiently as possible.
- Attendees in the signed in list will be first ones allowed in. Those not in line or in the immediate area by the tent at the 9am opening will forfeit their spot.
- Once attendees on the sign in list are finished, it will proceed as first come first serve in a normal line
- Anyone attempting to cut into the line or sneak in prior to their time in the tent will be sent to the back or not allowed into the show entirely
- Builders will place their own limits on the amount of plugs that can be purchased by one individual
- The event is planned to last from 9am-3pm, however the plug show itself may end sooner due to builders and vendors selling out. In store specials will continue until 3pm.
- Vast majority if not all builders/vendors will be cash only
- SWE staff will be selling NorCal for this year as Orlando will not make it the show
SWE Striper Kickoff In Store Deals
- There will be numerous raffle opportunities held for various items, plugs, reels, rods, and more for those who come into the retail store. Some will be free and some will be silent auctions to benefit clean ocean access.
- We have brought in several factory reps from our favorite companies that we sell here at SWE, (St. Croix, Shimano/G.Loomis/Costa, Penn/Fenwick, and Van Staal) who can assist with any product purchases. In support of those attending:
- Free braid with any reel purchase (excluding max cuatro and hollowcore, and Daiwa samurai)
- Bring in a reel and pair it with a Shimano, G. Loomis, Fenwick, or St. Croix Rod, and be respooled for free (up to 300yds) of PowerPro, PowerPro Super Slick V2, Cortland Masterbraid, Sufix 832, YoZuri Super Braid, Berkley X9, or Spiderwire Durabraid.
- Buy Two Yozuri Products(Excluding Squid Jigs) get free Hydro Twitch Bait - While Supplies Last
- Buy Two get One Freeof Berkley Gulp Mullet, Grub, Sandworm, Nemesis
- Free savage gear squid/sandeel with any purchase over $30
- Products (of equal or lesser value)
- Free Smith hat with Smith Sunglass Purchase
- And more in store only...
Striper Kickoff Raffles & Giveaway
The raffle is free to enter, you must provide an email so we can contact you after. Raffle drawing will be live on social media after the event, no in-person attendance is necessary.
Everyone who makes a purchase at The Saltwater Edge will be automatically given an extra entry to the raffle!
- Raffles and giveaways for, Costa Sunglasses, Penn Reels, Shimano Reels, Star Rods, Van Staal Reels, Smith Sunglasses,
- Yo Zuri Prize Package
- Silent auction for: Albie snack prize pack, various custom plugs donated from our vendor list
We look forward to seeing everyone there, let's have a good celebratory day to start off the season!